Portal do Governo Brasileiro

Undergraduate and Graduate Students

When you decide that you want to study at Universidade Federal de Santa Maria (UFSM) you should:

  • Go to the International Affairs Office of your home university and express your interest in being an exchange student at UFSM. Then, they will send us your nomination.
  • Once you are accepted at UFSM and receive the acceptance letter, you can apply for the Brazilian student visa and remember: to study at UFSM you must have a student VISA.

See the entire CALL for UFSM mobility in the following document:

Portuguese Version Call

English Version Call 



Study Plan sample:

Application Form for International Student:


The deadline to apply for the period of studies from March to July (1st semester) is November 11.

The deadline to apply for the period of studies from August to December (2nd semester) is May 30


- Follow UFSM Academic Calendar deadlines:

Academic Calendar - 2018 


A list of all available undergratuate courses and programs can be found at: http://w3.ufsm.br/prograd/index.php/documentos/ppcs-projetos-pedegogicos/8-paginas/10-cursos-de-graduacao

For further information regarding Graduate programs go to http://www.ufsm.br/prpgp/.

The UFSM grading system is available here.

- Information about Passport and Brazilian Visa: 

  • The foreign citizens that are interested in coming to Brazil should go to the Brazilian consulate or Embassy closest to them, so they can be assisted about the appropriate type of visa. To consult the list of Brazilian government representations, access the following link: www.itamaraty.gov.br

- International Agreements

- International Friend

  • This program aims to integrate international students with the university community, having local UFSM students help international students in their adaptation and institutional processes.

If you would like to have an International Friend, inform this on your Registration Form.


PS.: For further information about the selection processes at your institution, check the dates and necessary documentation with the Office in charge of International Mobility at your univeristy.